The International Explorer Award is a belt and buckle that can be worn in place of the standard belt buckle on the uniform belt. This award can be earned by any registered member of Scouts Australia who travels to an officially recognised international Scouting event overseas and participates in two of the following activities:
1. Service (minimum 4 hours)
2. Camping (minimum 1 night)
3. Training (minimum 1 complete day)
4. Attend at least three meetings (minimum 3 hours)
Upon their return from overseas, the candidate is required to complete at least three reports or presentations.
- Completed by the applicant and approved by the applicant’s Group Leader/Commissioner.
- Sent to the applicant’s Branch Commissioner, International, for approval.
- The applicant’s Branch Commissioner, International should then post the application form to the International Commissioner, Scouts Australia, Level 1, 8 Help Street, Chatswood NSW 2067 or email it to email@example.com.
- After approving the Award and including information in a database of recipients, the International Commissioner will then forward the application to National Office for issue of the Award kit. The Award kit contains a certificate, belt and receipt for payment.
- National Office will issue the Award kit and forward it to the Branch Commissioner, International for presentation to the recipient.
Click here for an International Explorer Award Application Form.
Are you going for the International Explorer Award? Why not write an article and submit it (with photos) to Neville Tomkins, International Commissioner, on firstname.lastname@example.org? You could see your story on this website... and use it as one of your three presentations!